Maurice Hilliard Passes Away: Thank You Coach For Investing In Me

Life Coach - Maurice Hilliard Passes Away: Thank You Coach For Investing In Me

Hi friends. Yesterday, I learned about Life Coach - Maurice Hilliard Passes Away: Thank You Coach For Investing In Me. Which could be very helpful in my experience and also you. Maurice Hilliard Passes Away: Thank You Coach For Investing In Me

I just found out that one of my previous coaches died.

What I said. It is not the final outcome that the actual about Life Coach. You check out this article for home elevators a person want to know is Life Coach.

Life Coach

His name was Maurice Hilliard. He was currently serving as the athletic chaplain at Pepperdine University. He was an fantastic man. I know he touched hundreds, even thousands of lives as a coach, friend, and mentor. I wanted to take a itsybitsy to say "thank you coach" for his investment into my life.

Maurice was our assistant basketball coach my sophomore year when I played in college. He came into our schedule at a key time and indubitably held our team together straight through some difficult challenges.

It is always so weird to hear of someone you know dying, especially when your basketball coach dies. It is difficult to process and make sense of it. My life was greatly impacted by Maurice Hilliard and his godly wisdom. He was a man who loved Jesus and lived his life to serve Him. Today I've been reflecting on the lessons I learned from him and his life.

#1 God Does Not Waste Time

I remember sitting and having a chat with Maurice one day by the gym. He was sharing with me about his background in business, and how he didn't pursue business. He said that even though he didn't pursue it, God had led him to study firm for a reason. "God does not waste time," I remember him saying.

I think back on that a lot. He meant that we go straight through situations or are led to do confident things, and they happen for a reason. Even if they're difficult or we don't understand them at the time. Of if we think they were pointless, like getting a degree you don't use or pursuing something that falls through. God has purpose in it and he uses all for His glory and our good.

#2 False Humility

Maurice was the one who first taught me about false humility. I would always downplay my skills or defer any concentration away from me. I belief I was being humble. I didn't know how to take a compliment.

Maurice shared that humility is more an correct perception of who we are and our abilities. Not downplaying or minimizing ourselves or our skills. He helped me to build trust in myself and learn to fulfill the roles I was in. He encouraged me to be confident in my abilities and use them for the good of the team.

#3 slave Of All

Maurice Hilliard was a man who loved and served everyone. Once, several years after I'd graduated from college, a friend and I were driving from La to Santa Barbara. We decided to drive straight through Malibu, and we stopped by the Pepperdine campus. I wanted to drop into the athletic agency and see if Maurice was around. I hadn't been in close touch with him but I knew he worked there and I wanted to say hi.

We found him, and he dropped what he was doing and spent an hour showing us around. He was so selfless like that. When we ended up back at the gym, we ran into Kevin Garnett and Maurice introduced us. He was just so natural at being friends with anyone and everyone, no matter who they were or what their status was. I think population were drawn to him and to God in him.

#4 population Of another Kingdom

Maurice was truly living for another world. He did so much for the Lord here in his life. His example of living for God, spending time with Him, and serving others was incredible. He was one of the wisest population I've ever met.

Today I am grieving the loss of a friend. I will miss Maurice, as I know many population will. I am comforted by the fact that he is now in the proximity of Jesus. I know the Lord is well pleased with Maurice and has now called his friend home to be with Him.

Thank you Maurice for investing in my life and for the impact you made on me. I will always be grateful.

I hope you receive new knowledge about Life Coach. Where you possibly can offer easy use in your day-to-day life. And most of all, your reaction is passed about Life Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment